Smoked over bay wood and packed in organic extra-virgin olive oil and mussel broth, these plump EU Organic mussels offer a savory taste of coastal Spain. Mussels improve both water quality and aquatic ecosystems as they grow, and are an excellent source of protein, iron and vitamin B-12.
- 4.2 oz (120g) can
- Servings per can: 2
- Fully cooked & shelf stable until opened
- Product of Spain
Nutrition + Ingredients
- EU Organic
- Excellent source of protein, iron and vitamin B-12
- 460 mg of omega-3s per serving
EU organic mussels, organic mussel broth, organic extra-virgin olive oil, water, natural wood smoke
Manufactured in a facility that also processes fish. May contain shell fragments.
- EU Organic
- Forest Stewardship Council Certified ®️ MIX (box only)
Product Details + Sourcing
- Our EU Organic Mussels come from the cold, clean waters off Galicia, Spain, where they’re grown on long underwater ropes by families who have been harvesting them for generations.
- Mussels filter the water as they feed on a floating buffet of plentiful wild microplankton, improving water quality and making them easy and ecologically efficient to raise—no extra food required.
- Their clustered shells provide a protective shelter for young fish and other marine life.
- Learn more about our Mussels Sourcing.
- Can is 100% aluminum, BPA-free and recyclable (must be clean and dry); box is made from Forest Stewardship Council-certified paper and is recyclable.
- Certified B®️ Corporation
- 1% for the Planet®️
How to Make
- Straight from the can, with crusty bread or crackers
- Added to pastas, along with the savory juices
- In easy, paella-style rice dishes (see our Savory Grains Paella recipe)
- Tossed into salads
A Different Kind of Food Business
Everything we make is created to help solve the environmental crisis. To restore our depleted oceans and soils, we use regenerative practices that are often based on pre-industrial ways of growing and harvesting. The bonus: delicious, nutritious wild and organic foods, free from pesticides, hormones, antibiotics and GMOs.
The Patagonia Provisions Guarantee
We stand by the foods we produce.
If you aren’t completely satisfied with anything we sell, we’re more than happy to make it right with a refund.
How to make a return