Fresh Tomato Pasta with Lemon Herb Mussels
Fresh tomato and basil give this dish bright colors and flavors, while our Lemon Herb mussels add dimension and protein.
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Makes 4-6 SERVINGS
- 2 cans Patagonia Provisions Lemon Herb Mussels
- ½ pound pasta, such as fusilli or penne
- 1 basket cherry tomatoes, stems removed
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ⅛ red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ bunch basil, approx. 12 medium-sized leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- To make the sauce, cut cherry tomatoes in half. Place in a large bowl with garlic, red onion and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and cayenne. Stack and roll basil leaves, slice thinly, then add to tomatoes. Add olive oil. Best if it sits for an hour.
- Cook the pasta.
- Add mussels to sauce, including liquid. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.
- Drain pasta, then add to fresh tomato sauce. Toss gently, and serve immediately while hot.