Responsibly sourced wild Atlantic mackerel, smoked over bay wood with no other seasonings except salt and extra-virgin olive oil. A small fish with the mild taste and meaty texture of a big fish, Atlantic mackerel is an excellent source of protein and vitamin B-12. Our Smoked Mackerel packs easily for camping and makes a great pantry staple for quick pastas, salads and more.
- 4.2 oz (120g) can
- Servings per can: 1
- Fully cooked & shelf stable until opened
- Product of Spain
Nutrition + Ingredients
Servings Per Container 2
Total Fat 20g (26% Daily Value)
Saturated Fat 3.5g (18%)
Trans Fat 0g (0%)
Cholesterol 25mg (8%)
Sodium 310mg (13%)
Total Carbohydrate 0g (0%)
Fiber 0mg (0%)
Total Sugars 0g (0%)
Protein 11g (21%)
Vitamin D (0%)
Vitamin E (30%)
Vitamin B-12 (200%)
- Excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, vitamin E, niacin, vitamin K, and selenium
- Contains 402 mg of omega-3s per serving
- Atlantic mackerel are low on the ocean food chain, so don’t have the high levels of toxins often found in longer-lived, large predator fish like tuna and swordfish
mackerel, organic extra-virgin olive oil, salt, natural wood smoke
- Forest Stewardship Council Certified ®️ MIX (box only)
Product Details + Sourcing
- Wild Atlantic mackerel are a small, schooling fish that occur in great numbers. By choosing to eat these plentiful fish, we’re taking pressure off less abundant, larger species like tuna and swordfish.
- Our partners harvest the mackerel from a well-managed fishery in the Bay of Biscay, off the coast of northern Spain. The fish are caught by hook and line, with little to no bycatch.
- Fishermen belong to cofradías, or brotherhoods, that date back to medieval times.
- Learn more about our Mackerel Sourcing.
- Can is 100% aluminum, BPA-free and recyclable (if clean and dry). Box is made with Forest Stewardship Council–certified paper and is recyclable.
- Certified B®️ Corporation
- 1% for the Planet®️
How to Make
- Eat straight from the can with crusty bread to dip into the seasoned extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add to pastas and salads.
- Layer into sandwiches.
- For more ideas, check out our Mackerel recipes.
A Different Kind of Food Business
Everything we make is created to help solve the environmental crisis. To restore our depleted oceans and soils, we use regenerative practices that are often based on pre-industrial ways of growing and harvesting. The bonus: delicious, nutritious wild and organic foods, free from pesticides, hormones, antibiotics and GMOs.
The Patagonia Provisions Guarantee
We stand by the foods we produce.
If you aren’t completely satisfied with any food we make, we’re more than happy to make it right with a refund.'
How to make a return