Wild Salmon Spread
This spread was the winning recipe at the Patagonia Provisions First Annual Salmon Cook-Off. Serve with sliced bread or a simple cracker.
- 1 (6 oz.) pouch Patagonia Provisions Wild Sockeye Salmon with Lemon Pepper (reserve juices from pouch)
- 1 (8 oz.) package Neufchatel cream cheese
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 green onions (white and green parts) or 1 small sweet onion, chopped fine
- Big handful parsley (regular and/or Italian), chopped fine
Putting It All Together
- Put salmon in a small bowl along with half the juices from pouch. Discard remaining oil. Break up salmon into large chunks (keep the skin on if you like).
- In a large bowl, break up Neufchatel with a fork. Add half the salmon and juices, half the lemon juice, and the Worcestershire sauce. Mix well, breaking salmon into shreds.
- Fold in green onions, parsley, remaining lemon juice, and remaining salmon with juices, mixing gently to keep larger salmon pieces intact for texture.