Wild Salmon Spread
If you like lox and cream cheese together, you’ll like this spread. It’s made with Neufchatel, which is similar to cream cheese but has less fat, so it blends more smoothly. Lemon juice, fresh green onions, and lots of parsley brighten the rich, smoky flavor of the fish. Serve with sliced bread or crackers.
SKILL LEVEL: EASY
MAKES 1½ CUPS (ABOUT 8 SERVINGS)
- 1 (6 oz.) pouch Patagonia Provisions Wild Sockeye Salmon with Lemon Pepper (reserve juices from pouch)
- 1 (8 oz.) package Neufchatel cream cheese
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 green onions (white and green parts) or 1 small sweet onion, chopped fine
- Big handful parsley (regular and/or Italian), chopped fine
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Put salmon in a small bowl along with half the juices from pouch. Discard remaining oil. Break up salmon into large chunks (keep the skin on if you like).
- In a large bowl, break up Neufchatel with a fork. Add half the salmon and juices, half the lemon juice, and the Worcestershire sauce. Mix well, breaking salmon into shreds.
- Fold in green onions, parsley, remaining lemon juice, and remaining salmon with juices, mixing gently to keep larger salmon pieces intact for texture.