Subscribe & Save 10%
No commitment, cancel anytime!
One Time Purchase
Free shipping on orders over $85
Unlike the salty, fishy, dark-brown anchovy filets of pizza fame, our White Anchovies are prized for their mild flavor and delicate texture. They’re canned without a salt cure, so they stay plump and light in color. For this Spicy style, we’ve amped the tin with chiles, cider vinegar and sweet bell peppers so every bite bursts with tangy-sweet heat.
Not only are they delicious, these little fish allow us to enjoy seafood with the health and environmental benefits of eating lower on the food chain.
- 4.2 oz (120g) can
- Servings per can: 1
- Fully cooked & shelf stable until opened
- Product of Spain
- Excellent source of protein, calcium and vitamin B-12 (see nutrition information above for total fat, saturated fat and cholesterol content)
- 450 mg omega-3s per label serving
- Anchovies are short-lived and low on the ocean food chain, so don’t have the high levels of toxins often found in longer-lived, larger fish
Anchovies, organic extra-virgin olive oil, organic apple cider vinegar, organic red bell pepper, salt, organic Spanish paprika, organic cayenne pepper.
- Contains fish (anchovy). May contain crustaceans.
- Sourced from thriving, well-managed populations in the Bay of Biscay, off northern Spain.
- Small-scale purse seines reduce bycatch and prevent overharvest
- Anchovies reproduce fast, making them a more renewable resource.
- Our fishermen belong to centuries-old cofradias, or guilds, which share profits and encourage cooperation
- Processed, seasoned and canned by a family-owned certified B Corp, also in northern Spain, that employs mostly women
- Learn more about our Anchovy Sourcing.
- 100% aluminum, BPA-NI* and recyclable (if clean and dry)
- Box is recyclable
*Bisphenol-A Non-Intent: No BPAs were intentionally added to the packaging.
- Straight from the can (the seasonings are on the bottom, so flip the can onto a plate so they flow evenly over the fish)
- With crackers or crusty bread
- In pasta salads
- Layered into our Spicy Anchovy Sandwiches
- For more ideas, check out our White Anchovies recipes
Why is an outdoor clothing company making food?
Industrial agriculture depletes soil, poisons water and threatens the outdoor places we love. Protecting the earth, and our future on it, means we have to find a better way. So we make foods that restore the planet instead of destroying it. As our founder Yvon Chouinard says, "People buy a jacket every few years, but they eat several times a day. If we're going to save our home planet, it starts with food.”
We stand by the foods we produce.
If you aren’t completely satisfied with any of our foods, we’re more than happy to make it right with a refund.
Adding product to your cart
White Anchovy Sourcing
Our Spanish White Anchovies provide a truly sustainable fishery, support communities of small, family-run businesses, and are an easy, nutritious way to eat lower on the food chain.
Know How Your Food is Sourced
Make an impact and help our Earth with responsibly-sourced ingredients versus conventional packaged seafood.