Wild Sockeye Salmon Lettuce Wraps
A fancy but easy appetizer that’s quick to assemble—and also replenish, when the first round disappears. If you don’t have salmon, you can use white anchovies; they’re delicious in this recipe too.
Patagonia Provisions Wild Sockeye Salmon (Lightly Smoked or Lemon Pepper)
- 1 (6 oz.) pack Patagonia Provisions Wild Sockeye Salmon (Lightly Smoked or Lemon Pepper)
- 12 leaves Little Gem lettuce or 6 small butter lettuce leaves
- Lemon wedges
- About 1/3 cup crème fraiche or sour cream
- Pickled red onions, homemade (see below) or storebought
- Freshly ground black pepper
Pickled Red Onion
- 3 tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1½ tsp. each sugar and kosher salt
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
Mix vinegar, sugar and salt with 1 cup hot water in a pint jar. Stir onions into pickling liquid. Let them sit at least 30 minutes before eating (they get tangier as they sit). Pickled onions keep, chilled, about 2 weeks in the fridge.
Putting It All Together
- Break salmon into thick flakes. Nestle into lettuce leaves and squeeze on a few drops of lemon juice. Top with crème fraiche, pickled onions and a few grinds of black pepper. Fold over the lettuce leaf and munch!