Saltines with White Anchovies
Our flavor-packed Spanish White Anchovies taste great with plain crackers. When you bake those crackers with butter and spicy paprika, a simple snack becomes anything but ordinary.
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/8 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 12 Saltine crackers
- ½-1 tsp. Patagonia Provisions Aji Molido (Argentine-style ground red chile) or mild paprika
- 1 can Patagonia Provisions Spanish White Anchovies (Lemon Olive)
- Minced parsley (optional)
Putting It All Together
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- In a small saucepan on low heat, melt butter and add Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine. Dip both sides of each saltine cracker into butter and set on a baking sheet, then sprinkle with chile. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Invert anchovies onto a plate. Split lengthwise. Let crackers cool slightly, then top each with half an anchovy, sliced olives from the tin (save the oil for salad dressing), and minced parsley if you like.