Wild Pink Salmon + Broccoli Penne Pasta
Recipe by Lynn Leishman
- 2 (4oz.) packs Patagonia Provisions Wild Pink Salmon, Black Pepper, drained and flaked
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 16 oz. penne pasta
- 1 large bunch broccoli (3 good-sized stems)
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated fine
- ⅔ cup plus 3 tbsp. organic extra virgin olive oil, separated
- Red pepper flakes, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Shaved Parmesan and pitted Kalamata olives (or other black olives) for garnish
Putting It All Together
- Wash broccoli and slice tough ends from broccoli stems. Cut off and separate broccoli florets and peel and chop stems.
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a rapid boil; add salt and 3 tbsp. olive oil. Add pasta and broccoli and cook uncovered until pasta is "al dente"—approx. 9-12 minutes.
- Drain pasta and broccoli and return to warm pan. Add Parmesan and remaining olive oil.
- Stir in Salmon, red pepper flakes, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan and olives. Serve hot.