Tsampa Soup with Wild Sockeye
A mainstay of Himalayan culture and cooking, tsampa is mountain barley that is first sprouted, then roasted and pounded into flour. This power food of the Himalaya has sustained Sherpas and other climbers for generations, and inspired our Organic Tsampa Soup, a mix of sprouted, roasted whole barley grains and roasted buckwheat, plus dehydrated vegetables. Unless you can score some yak butter, serve it with a hard, flavorful cheese like parmesan or gruyere.
- 1 pouch Organic Tsampa Soup
- 1 pouch Lemon Pepper Wild Sockeye Salmon
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Putting It All Together
- Prepare soup according to package directions.
- Top with salmon, flaking the fish into chunks as you drop it in. Sprinkle on some parsley and olive oil.