Breakfast Grains Pancakes
The whole family will love these easy-to-make delicious grain pancakes—they’ll go fast, so be sure to save some for yourself!
Skill level: Easy
Makes about 20 PANCAKES
- 1 package Provisions Breakfast Grains (any flavor)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Whisk together Breakfast Grains, egg, water and oil. Soak for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and gently mix just until blended. If the batter is too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of water to thin. Be sure not to overmix the batter to ensure light and fluffy pancakes.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Coat generously with oil or butter. Once hot, drop ¼ cup of batter per pancake onto griddle or skillet.
- Cook pancakes until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form on the center or sides (approx.4 minutes).
- Flip pancakes and cook on the other side (approx.4 minutes).
- Recoat griddle or skillet with oil or butter between batches and keep pancakes warm in a preheated oven at 250°Funtil all pancakes are cooked. Serve hot.