Breakfast Grains Pancakes
The whole family will love these delicious grain pancakes.
PROVISIONS BREAKFAST GRAINS PANCAKES
INGREDIENTS FOR ABOUT 20 PANCAKES
- 1 package Provisions Breakfast Grains (your choice of flavor)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Whisk together breakfast grains, water, egg and oil. Soak for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and gently mix just until blended. If the batter is too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of water to thin. Be sure not to overmix the batter to avoid tough and dense pancakes.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Coat generously with oil or butter. Once hot, drop ¼ cup of batter per pancake on the griddle or skillet.
- Cook pancakes until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form on the center or sides (approximately 4 minutes).
- Flip pancake and cook on the other side until cooked through (approximately 4 minutes).
- Recoat griddle or skillet with oil or butter per batch of pancakes.
- Keep pancakes warm in a preheated oven at 250F until all pancakes are cooked. Serve immediately.