BBQ Mussels in a Blanket
Served as a side dish or satisfying snack, these crescent rolls are a sophisticated twist on the classic ‘Pigs in a Blanket’ recipe.
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
MAKES: 8 ROLLS
- 2 cans Patagonia Provisions Smoked Mussels, drained
- 1/3 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 package ready-to-bake crescent roll dough
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Preheat oven according to directions on crescent roll package (usually 375°F).
- In a small bowl, gently mix together drained mussels and BBQ sauce.
- Lay out each crescent roll triangle, then place 2-3 mussels at each base.
- Starting at base, roll up toward triangle point and shape into a crescent. Place rolls on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake as directed on crescent roll package until golden brown, approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Best when served immediately, fresh from the oven.
Alternative/gluten-free serving suggestions
- Omit crescent rolls and serve BBQ mussels on toothpicks, as an appetizer or snack.
- Or enjoy BBQ mussels as a topper for your favorite gluten free toast.