Aji Molido Michelada
A Mexican beer cocktail, the michelada has the savory tang of a Bloody Mary, but with a spicy kick—and, of course, beer rather than vodka. This version gets its spice from our Organic Aji Molido, a mellow, coarsely ground red chile from Argentina. The michelada tastes great ice cold, with a lime wedge and a skewer loaded with Savory Sofrito Mussels.Ingredients
- ½ lime, cut into 3 wedges
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- 1½ tsp. Aji Molido spice blend, divided
- 2 tbsp. tomato juice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can Patagonia Provisions Savory Sofrito Mussels (optional)
- 1 can Long Root® Pale Ale or 1 bottle Mexican lager
Putting It All Together
- Rub a wedge of lime around the rim of a pint glass (preferably chilled) to moisten it.
- Mix the salt with ½ teaspoon of the Aji Molido in saucer. Invert the glass into the chile salt to coat the rim.
- To the glass, add the remaining 1 teaspoon Aji Molido, the tomato juice and the Worcestershire sauce.
- If you’re using the mussels, add 2 teaspoons of the juice from the can and slide 2 or 3 of them onto a cocktail pick. Squeeze in the juice from the lime wedge plus another wedge.
- Pour in the beer and give it a stir. Garnish with the last lime wedge and the mussels.