Citrusy and bright with notes of thyme, this blended and infused Austrian white wine was grown, aged and bottled on a biodynamic farm straddling the fertile lowlands of Austria and Hungary.
It’s part of our collection of artisanal fermented beverages made using restorative land practices and bottled with minimal intervention.
- 750 ml bottle
- Alcohol content 12% by volume
- Product of Austria
- Best consumed by end of 2025
- Must be 21 or older to purchase
- Purchasers must be a resident of, and ship to one of these states: AK, CA, CT, DC, FL, LA (wine & cider only), ND, NE, NH, NM, OR, VA, WV, WY
- All sales are by Forest Ferments, LLC and subject to acceptance and approval by Forest Ferments.
- Forest Ferments has producer’s permission to sell product direct to consumer.
- Not for resale
- Grilled vegetables
- Quiche and omelets (especially when seasoned with thyme)
- Grain-based salads
- Our Mushroom Savory Grains with Thyme, Onions, and Crispy Shrooms
Why Natural Wine?
- Thanks to low-intervention growing and processing techniques, these wines beautifully express the landscapes in which they’re grown—so each sip conveys the taste, aroma, and spirit of some of the best places on earth
- Grapes are grown with regenerative practices that restore rather than deplete local ecosystems
- No herbicides or pesticides: On some farms, sheep graze down the weeds; on others, waterfowl handle pest control and provide fertilizer
- Native plants grow between rows to prevent erosion, draw down carbon and improve soil health
- Fermentation, aging and bottling:
- No filtration
- Minimal or no added sulfites
- No animal-based clarifying agents; our wine is vegan
- Naturally occurring, indigenous yeasts—rather than lab-grown varieties—drive fermentation
- Flavors are wild, intense, unconventional
Learn more about Natural Wine, Ciders + Sake
- Fermentable base: Pinot Blanc grapes, thyme
- Produced and bottled in Pamhagen, Austria
- Imported by ZRS Wines, Brooklyn, NY
- Distributed by Forest Ferments LLC, Ventura, CA
About the Producer
- Meinklang spans Austria and Hungary’s fertile lowlands
- One of the world’s largest Demeter-certified biodynamic farms, with almost 200 acres of established vines
- Wild flora—especially clover, vetch, native grasses and nettles—thrive among the rows, loosening the soil and stimulating the vines; they also provide pollinator habitat and boost the development of aromas and phenols in the fruit
- Grapevines are fed by a homemade compost of livestock dung, pomace, green waste and rock powder
- The vines grow naturally with limited pruning, delivering grapes with a high skin-to-pulp ratio and complex flavor profiles
- Anneliese and Werner Michlits, Meinklang’s founders, work side by side with their three adult sons
- The family is helping their land recover its ancient productivity and native biodiversity by using only regenerative, water-friendly growing practices
- Their biodynamic wines are unfiltered and bottled with minimal sulfites
Learn more about our wine, cider and sake partners
The Patagonia Provisions Guarantee
We stand by the foods we produce.
If you aren’t completely satisfied with any of our foods, we’re more than happy to make it right with a refund*.
How to make a return
*Wine, cider, sake are non-refundable but we are happy to replace any damaged orders.
WARNING: California’s Proposition 65
WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk and during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to https://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol