Southwest Black Bean Chili
- 1 pouch Patagonia Provisions Black Bean Soup
- ½ lb. ground meat (such as turkey or beef)
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ jalapeno, seeds removed and diced (optional)
- 1- 4 oz. can green chiles
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ cup masa harina, with a little warm water to make a paste
- Cilantro Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- Queso fresco, crumbled
Putting It All Together
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, brown ground meat and season with salt and pepper.
- Add onion, jalapeno and chiles and cover pan to sweat until onion is translucent.
- Add tomato and cook approx. 5 more minutes.
- Add 2½ cups of water (or substitute half the water with beer if desired) and bring to a boil.
- Add Black Bean Soup and masa harina, stir to combine thoroughly. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with Cilantro Vinaigrette and crumbled queso fresco.
For Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 green onions, diced
- ¼ cup queso fresco
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add water as needed for desired consistency.