Southwest Black Bean Chili
Fresh veggies and ground meat add depth and substance to this hearty Black Bean Chili recipe created by Tracy On, Chef and Cafe Manager at Patagonia Headquarters.
- 1 pouch Patagonia Provisions Black Bean Soup
- ½ lb. ground meat (such as turkey or beef)
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ jalapeno, seeds removed and diced (optional)
- 1- 4 oz. can green chiles
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ cup masa harina, with a little warm water to make a paste
- Cilantro Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- Queso fresco, crumbled
Putting It All Together
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, brown ground meat and season with salt and pepper.
- Add onion, jalapeno and chiles and cover pan to sweat until onion is translucent.
- Add tomato and cook approx. 5 more minutes.
- Add 2½ cups of water (or substitute half the water with beer if desired) and bring to a boil.
- Add Black Bean Soup and masa harina, stir to combine thoroughly. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with Cilantro Vinaigrette and crumbled queso fresco.
For Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 green onions, diced
- ¼ cup queso fresco
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add water as needed for desired consistency.