Smoked Mussel Po' Boy
The quintessential sandwich of New Orleans gets a Patagonia-style boost, with our smoked mussels and crispy fried onions, for a delicious lunch or afternoon pick-me-up.
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Makes 2-4 SERVINGS
- 2 cans Patagonia Provisions Smoked Mussels, drained
- 1 soft baguette or 2 hoagie rolls
- 4 romaine heart leaves
- ¼ cup remoulade (see recipe below) or prepared seasoned mayonnaise
- ½ cup crispy fried onions
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp dill pickle relish
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ lemon, juiced
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Drain mussels and set aside.
- Split bread in half lengthwise and toast.
- Stack romaine leaves and slice crosswise into ½-inch pieces.
- Assemble sandwich: spread remoulade or mayonnaise on both sides of toasted bread. Place a layer of mussels on base of sandwich, then romaine and fried onions, and top with remaining toasted bread.
- Cut into desired portions.