Savory Sofrito Mussel Empanadas
Putting It All Together
- Preheat oven according to directions for biscuit dough (usually 375°F).
- Place Mussels in a medium bowl. Add olives and mix gently.
- Dust cutting board or clean surface with flour. Take each biscuit and roll out to a 6” diameter. Dust with flour as needed.
- Fill each biscuit round with mussel mixture, approx. 4-5 mussels in each. Fold biscuit dough over to create a half-moon shape and crimp the edges tightly with a fork. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small cup, beat egg with 1 tbsp water until well combined and frothy. Brush each empanada with egg mixture.
- Bake empanadas until golden brown, approx. 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot.