Savory Grains Paella with Mussels
Most traditional paella recipes call for a special pan—and plenty of patience. With our quick-cooking Savory Grains and Savory Sofrito Mussels as a base, you can enjoy delicious paella in minutes.
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Makes 2-3 SERVINGS
- 1 can Patagonia Provisions Savory Sofrito Mussels, drained
- 1 package Patagonia Provisions Mushroom Savory Grains
- 1 cup broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 2 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1 link chorizo, approx. 5 oz, fully cooked and diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 lemon, juiced
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- In a small pot, place chorizo (if desired). Add turmeric, then broth. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Add mussels and peas and bring back to boil.
- Place Savory Grains in a casserole or serving dish. Add hot broth/mussels mixture and stir to combine. Cover with a lid or foil and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Uncover, squeeze juice from lemon over grains, then fluff gently with a fork. Serve warm.