This quick, flavorful dinner was inspired by the legendary paellas of Spain, the epic rice dishes that require time and effort to pull off. Our “paella,” based on our Organic Savory Grains, takes about 20 minutes and is easy to cook up at a campsite, or even while backpacking if you don’t mind toting a green pepper. What’s more, it delivers steady, wholesome nutrition from responsibly sourced seafood, vegetables and whole grains.
- 1 can Patagonia Provisions Roasted Garlic Mackerel
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 pack Patagonia Provisions Mushroom + KAMUT® Khorasan Wheat Savory Grains
- 1 can Patagonia Provisions Savory Sofrito Mussels
- Lemon wedges (optional)
Putting It All Together
- Drain oil from mackerel tin into a medium pot. Set mackerel aside and heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper to pot. Cook until lightly browned.
- Carefully stir in water and Savory Grains. Cover and bring to a boil. As soon as it boils, remove from heat and let sit 10 minutes, covered.
- Gently stir in Mackerel and Mussels.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon if you like.