Savory Grains Paella with Mussels
Most traditional paella recipes call for a special pan—and plenty of patience. With our quick-cooking Savory Grains and Savory Sofrito Mussels as a base, you can enjoy delicious paella in minutes.
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Makes 2-3 SERVINGS
- 1 pouch Patagonia Provisions Savory Grains Mushroom + KAMUT®
- 1 can Patagonia Provisions Savory Sofrito Mussels
- 2 tsp. turmeric, ground
- 1 cup broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 link chorizo, approx. 5 oz., fully cooked and diced (optional)
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 lemon
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- In a small pot, combine turmeric, broth and chorizo (if desired). Bring to a boil.
- Add Mussels and peas and return to boil.
- Place Savory Grains in a casserole or serving dish. Add hot broth/mussels mixture and stir to combine. Cover with a lid or foil and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Uncover, squeeze lemon over grains, then fluff gently with a fork. Serve warm.