For The Salad
- 6 oz. fingerling or baby potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 oz. green beans, trimmed
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 small head radicchio (about 10 oz.), thinly sliced
- 2 lightly packed cups arugula
- ½ to ¾ cup black olives (niçoise or kalamata)
- 2 tins Patagonia Provisions Lemon Caper Mackerel (save oil, lemon, and capers for the dressing)
For The Dressing
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp. minced rinsed preserved lemon or 1½ tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 handful of fresh herbs (flat-leaf parsley, dill, or tarragon), minced
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus oil from 1 mackerel tin
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Putting It All Together
- Cut fingerling potatoes in half lengthwise (you can keep the baby potatoes whole). Put in a small pot, add just enough water to cover, and add enough salt so it tastes like the ocean. Bring to a boil over high heat and boil 2 minutes. Add green beans to potatoes and cook until both are tender-crisp, 3-4 minutes more. Drain in a colander and let cool slightly, then turn into a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk dressing ingredients together. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Gently toss potatoes and green beans with one-third of the dressing.
- Add radicchio and arugula to bowl of remaining dressing and toss. Arrange on a platter or in a salad bowl. Top with dressed green beans and potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, olives and Lemon Caper Mackerel fillets.