Savory Sofrito Mussel Stew with Bean and Potato
This one-pot wonder—with its delicious medley of potatoes, pinto beans, kale and savory mussels—is the perfect meal for a chilly evening or last-minute dinner party.
SKILL LEVEL: Medium
Makes: 3-4 Servings
- 1 can Patagonia Provisions Savory Sofrito Mussels
- 1 medium potato, such as Yukon Gold or Red Bliss, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 link linguica sausage, approx. 5 oz, fully cooked and diced (optional - can also substitute chorizo)
- 1 cup broth (chicken or vegetable)
- ½ of 15oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups kale, coarsely chopped
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, linguica and potato. Saute until onion is translucent.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer. Add pinto beans, kale and mussels, including the liquid. Simmer for approx. 10-15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.