Rainbow Quinoa + Salmon Salad
Mediterranean flavors blend beautifully with the subtle smokiness of our wild sockeye salmon, creating a tasty and nutritious main-course salad. It also happens to be gluten-free. Don’t expect any leftovers!
- 1 (6 oz.) pack Patagonia Provisions Wild Sockeye Salmon (reserve oil from pack)
- 1 cup rainbow quinoa, dry (uncooked)
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced fine
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. cilantro leaves, chopped
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Lemon Dressing (see recipe below)
- Reserved salmon oil from pack
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. tamari or gluten-free soy sauce
- Lemon zest, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Putting It All Together
- Place quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer and rinse under cold water.
- Combine quinoa with 2 cups water in saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until liquid is absorbed (approx. 15-20 min).
- Toss cooked quinoa with parsley, green onions, mint, cilantro and tomatoes.
- Add dressing and continue tossing until evenly coated.
- Top with salmon fillet.