We spiked our original red bean chili recipe with three different chiles for layers of heat and flavor: fierce cayenne, smoky chipotle and mellow, toasty aji molido (ground red chile from Argentina). A nutritious source of plant-based protein and fiber, beans benefit the earth by producing natural nitrogen fertilizer that enriches the soil.
- 6.1 oz (174g) pack
- Servings per pack: 2.5
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Shelf stable
- Produced in the USA from domestic and imported ingredients
Nutrition + Ingredients
Servings Per Container about 2.5
Total Fat 2g (3% Daily Value)
Saturated Fat 0g (0%)
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg (0%)
Sodium 380mg (17%)
Total Carbohydrate 40g (15%)
Dietary Fiber 13g (46%)
- Excellent source of fiber, iron and potassium
- 14 g of plant-based protein
- Gluten free
- Low fat
- No sugar added
organic pre-cooked red beans*, organic pre-cooked pinto beans*, organic tomato powder*, organic aji molido chile*, organic diced tomato*, organic ground red chili*, organic carrots*, organic red bell pepper*, salt, organic ground rice hulls, organic ground cumin, organic garlic*, organic ground chipotle peppers*, organic yeast extract *dehydrated
Manufactured in a facility that also processes egg, milk, wheat, soy and tree nuts.
- USDA Organic
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Kosher: Kof-K
Product Details + Sourcing
- Like all legumes, beans are invaluable to anyone looking to eat less meat, because they’re a good source of plant-based protein.
- Beans have planetary benefits too: They make their own fertilizer by “fixing” atmospheric nitrogen and releasing it into the soil, eliminating the need for chemical fertilizers.
- Our Organic Spicy Red Bean Chili is made with aji molido, an intensely flavorful yet mellow ground red chile. Sourced from high in Argentina’s Salta Province, it’s the first organic aji molido in the country.
- Learn more about our Beans Sourcing.
- Certified B®️ Corporation
- 1% for the Planet®️
How to Make
- As hot chili (vegan): Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, covered, in a medium saucepan. Stir in contents of package, return to a boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Or, to save fuel on the trail, boil for 1 minute, turn off heat, and let sit, covered, for 9 minutes.
- On a chili cheese dog
- As hot chili (meaty): To prepared chili, add some sautéed onions and cooked ground buffalo, turkey, or beef (preferably grass-fed and/or organic)
- Check out our Chili recipes
A Different Kind of Food Business
Everything we make is created to help solve the environmental crisis. To restore our depleted oceans and soils, we use regenerative practices that are often based on pre-industrial ways of growing and harvesting. The bonus: delicious, nutritious wild and organic foods, free from pesticides, hormones, antibiotics and GMOs.
The Patagonia Provisions Guarantee
We stand by the foods we produce.
If you aren’t completely satisfied with any of our foods, we’re more than happy to make it right with a refund*.
How to make a return
*Wine, cider, sake are non-refundable but we are happy to replace any damaged orders.