Everything we make at Provisions has a reason for being: to restore the environment while feeding people well. In our first journal, you’ll meet the scientists, ranchers, farmers and fishermen who are changing the food system with us—along with delicious, nutritious recipes and practical guidelines for eating in ways that benefit you and the earth at the same time.
- 90 pages
- 8 ½ by 11 full-color journal
- Printed on 100% recycled paper; not a single tree was cut to produce it
- Packed with original illustrations and photography
- Introduction by Patagonia founder Yvon Chouinard
- Fascinating stories written for curious minds, including:
- The hidden life of soil and why it matters
- Our personal gut microbiomes and how to feed them well
- The future of vegetables
- How a herd of buffalo survived an epic ice storm
- Fishing for plump, meaty, sustainable Atlantic mackerel in Spain
- A one-page illustrated how-to on backyard composting
- The path to better packaging
- Articles by scientists, ranchers, chefs—people on the front lines of food production
- A dozen simple, flavorful, thoroughly tested recipes that benefit both you and the planet
We understand that fixing the broken food chain means sourcing ingredients that are grown, raised and harvested using methods that are friendly to our home planet.
But it doesn’t work if the foods we create aren’t mouth-wateringly, plate-lickingly delicious. That’s why we work with our favorite chefs to create foods that we love to eat and share.
If you ever order Provisions and aren’t 100% satisfied, we will happily refund you in full. In other words, we’re proud to stand by the flavor, nutrition, sourcing and quality of everything we make.
How to make a return