What sets our Organic Taco Seasoning Spice Blend apart: The lively flavor and mellow heat of Organic Aji Molido, our ground red chile from Argentina. Layered with toasty cumin and paprika, it’s a well-rounded seasoning for any taco filling, and tastes great on grilled meats and fish, too.
- 2 oz (57g) box with inner sleeve
- Contains: about ½ cup
- Shelf stable
Nutrition + Ingredients
Servings Per Container about 16
Total Fat 0g (0% Daily Value)
Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV)
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV)
Sodium 260mg (11% DV)
Total Carbohydrate 2g (1% DV)
Dietary Fiber <1g (4% DV)
Sugars 0g (0% DV)
Protein 0g (0% DV)
Vitamin D (0% DV) Calcium 11mg (0% DV) Iron 1mg (6% DV) Potassium 60mg (2% DV)
organic aji molido chile*, salt, organic cumin, organic onion*, organic garlic*, organic paprika*, organic oregano* *dehydrated
Manufactured in a facility that also processes milk, eggs, tree nuts, wheat and soy.
- USDA Organic
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Kosher: Kof-K
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative®️ (box only)
Product Details + Sourcing
- Our Organic Taco Seasoning Spice Blend stars our Organic Aji Molido, the ground form of an intensely flavorful but mellow chile from Argentina called aji criollo.
- Patagonia founder Yvon Chouinard first tasted aji molido while camping with Argentine gauchos in 1968, and tried to grow aji criollo chiles in California for years but they always turned out too spicy. Finally we found an ideal source, on a family farm at 8,200 feet in the rugged Salta province.
- Provisions’ Aji Molido is the first certified organic aji molido in Argentina.
- Our farm partners say the combination of extreme altitude, dry air, scanty irrigation and limestone soil gives our aji criollo its deep flavor. The relatively mild climate tempers the chile’s heat.
- Learn More about our Spices Sourcing.
- Spice box is made with Forest Stewardship Council–certified paper and is recyclable. The transparent inner sleeve is NatureFlex™, a non-GMO bioplastic from FSC-certified eucalyptus trees.
- Certified B®️ Corporation
- 1% for the Planet®️
How to Make
- In tacos: Sauté 1 lb. taco filling (like ground meat + chopped onions, or diced vegetables + tofu) in oil until lightly browned and cooked through. Stir in 2 tbsp. Taco Seasoning Spice Blend (or more to taste), plus ½ to ¾ cup water to moisten, and simmer a minute more. Pile into taco shells or tortillas.
- Stir into cooked beans
- Use as a dry rub for meat
- Make spicy, fortifying Carne Adovada, a New Mexico classic
- Check out our Spices Recipes
A Different Kind of Food Business
Everything we make is created to help solve the environmental crisis. To restore our depleted oceans and soils, we use regenerative practices that are often based on pre-industrial ways of growing and harvesting. The bonus: delicious, nutritious wild and organic foods, free from pesticides, hormones, antibiotics and GMOs.
The Patagonia Provisions Guarantee
We stand by the foods we produce.
If you aren’t completely satisfied with any food we make, we’re more than happy to make it right with a refund.'
How to make a return
Los Glaciares National Park, Argentina.
Photo by Chris Jones