Mini Wally One
Create an instantly lush vertical garden and experience the magical fun of plants in any environment. Made from 100% recycled plastic water bottles, easy-to-install Pockets are soft-sided, breathable, modular and infectiously fun!
Height = 8 inches
Width = 13 inches
Soil Volume = 0.10 cubic feet
Create a Living Painting or a Whole Living Wall
Mini Wally is cute hanging all by itself, but he loves to hang out in a crowd. Create your own flourishing living wall with a few indoor Mini Wally Ones, because Wally is totally modular!
Hang Your Garden Up Right
Mini Wally doesn’t come with hang-ups, but he does come with hardware! Hanging Wally is as simple as hanging a painting.
Live it Up! Garden Anywhere!
Make plants feel right at home on your patio, rail, fence or gate! Wally is a great host! He’ll host your plants at home, school and office. He easily attaches to wood, concrete, masonry and chain link. He’s very easy going and loves to live it up!
How to hang, plant & water Mini Wally?
Hook Up Your Plants - It’s easy! Universal fasteners and wall anchors are all included.
Let’s Hang Mini Wally in Five Easy Steps:
1. Hang Mini Wally in a place that gets the perfect amount of sunlight for the plants that you have chosen.
2. Mini Wally’s grommets are spaced 11” apart. Measure that distance on the Wall. Mark where the grommet holes will be.
3. Drill the holes.
4. Slide fasteners into the holes.
5. Screw Mini Wally into the fasteners.
If hanging multiple Wallys, overlap the Pockets’ grommets horizontally. Like building blocks, Wallys are modular. Space them 6.5” apart vertically (from grommet to grommet) – this hides the grommets and ensures plants have enough space to thrive but are still dense enough to create a lush living wall!
We recommend a high-quality indoor potting soil for all indoor plantings. If planting edibles, try organic edible soil. For outdoors, a high-quality outdoor potting soil will do the trick.
1. You may want to lay out a tarp, ‘cause this part can get a little messy.
2. With Mini Wally on the wall, fill Mini Wally almost all the way to the top with organic potting soil (be sure to get the corners, and don’t use a sharp trowel to avoid puncturing Wally).
3. Select plants based on the amount of light and temperature of the chosen location. For indoor plantings, consider tropical plants because they do well in lower light. For a beautiful lush planting, use three full sized 3” plants. Get creative!
4. Once you are ready to plant, remove your plants from their pots. Consider gently soaking your plant’s roots in water before planting.
5. Dig small holes in the soil and plant your plants. Make sure plant roots are in contact with the Tongue (remember, the plants get their water from Mini Wally’s Tongue.)
6. Once your plant is securely embedded in the soil, feel free to top off. Voila!
Smart Watering: Wally’s Tongue does all the work.
The Tongue is the felt flap inside the Pocket. The Tongue sits on top of the moisture barrier, absorbs the water and carries it down to the roots of the plant. So when watering the plants, water Wally’s Tongue directly. Any excess water accumulates in Wally’s reservoir or evaporates through Wally’s breathable sides-- this prevents overwatering and conserves water.
How Much Water & How Often?
The amount of water necessary for plants to thrive varies, so check each plants’ watering requirements. On average we recommend watering Mini Wally approximately one cup of water once each week (a long-spout watering can or a wine bottle works great as a water receptacles). Wally likes to be watered slowly so that the Tongue can absorb all that moisture.
What About the Floors & Walls? Will they get wet?
In a word, no! Wally has a military grade built-in moisture barrier that wraps around the bottom of the Pocket, from back to front. This barrier creates a reservoir and ensures walls and floors don’t get wet. The barrier also conserves water and helps to keep soil’s nutrition in your Pocket.