We partner with Hopworks Urban Brewery in Portland, OR, to make this Northwest spin on the classic Belgian-style witbier. Organic coriander and orange peel give the beer a bright citrus finish, and the subtle spiciness comes from Kernza® perennial grain, a revolutionary new crop that fights the climate crisis.
Long Root®️ Pale Ale, Long Root®️ Wit, and Long Root®️ IPA, all brewed with Kernza, will continue to be available in Asia, at Patagonia stores in Japan and select Japanese retailers.
- ABV: 4.9%
- BPA free
Nutrition + Ingredients
organic 2-row barley malt, organic wheat malt, Kernza® perennial grain, organic Cascade hops, organic coriander, organic granulated orange
- Oregon Tilth
Product Details + Sourcing
- Long Root® Wit is brewed at Hopworks Urban Brewery in Portland, OR.
- The organic barley comes from Klamath Falls, Oregon, and the organic wheat is from Hopworks’ family farm in the San Juan Islands, WA.
- The Kernza, a distant relative of wheat, is grown using organic practices in the American Midwest.
- Kernza was developed by plant breeders at The Land Institute in Salina, Kansas. This revolutionary new crop could change the way we grow grains.
- Most food crops are annuals and require tilling, which releases atmosphere-warming carbon. As a deeply rooted perennial, Kernza stays in place year-round, drawing carbon underground.
- Kernza’s massive roots hold topsoil in place, preventing erosion. The roots also host trillions of beneficial microbes, which build soil health.
- With our organic barley, hops, and regenerative Kernza grain (which we use for pasta, too), we’re supporting farming that restores the earth instead of depleting it.
- Learn More about our Kernza Sourcing
- Can is 100% aluminum, BPA-free and recyclable
- Certified B®️ Corporation
- 1% for the Planet®️
- The Land Institute
A Different Kind of Food Business
Everything we make is created to help solve the environmental crisis. To restore our depleted oceans and soils, we use regenerative practices that are often based on pre-industrial ways of growing and harvesting. The bonus: delicious, nutritious wild and organic foods, free from pesticides, hormones, antibiotics and GMOs.
The Patagonia Provisions Guarantee
We stand by the foods we produce.
If you aren’t completely satisfied with any of our foods, we’re more than happy to make it right with a refund*.
How to make a return
*Wine, cider, sake are non-refundable but we are happy to replace any damaged orders.