Naturally sparkling, low in alcohol and highly refreshing, Kindeli Piquette begins with the pomace of grapes grown and pressed on an organic farm in the hills of New Zealand’s South Island.
This organic canned wine is part of our collection of artisanal fermented beverages made using restorative land practices and bottled with minimal intervention.
- 440 ml can
- Alcohol content 4.5% by volume
- Product of New Zealand
- Best consumed by end of 2022
- Must be 21 or older to purchase
- Purchasers must be a resident of, and ship to one of these states: AK, CA, CT, DC, FL, LA (wine & cider only), ND, NE, NH, NM, OR, VA, WV, WY
- All sales are by Forest Ferments, LLC and subject to acceptance and approval by Forest Ferments.
- Forest Ferments has producer’s permission to sell product direct to consumer.
- Not for resale
- Rich, crunchy snacks like roasted nuts, salted pretzels and potato chips
- Our Roasted Yam Bites with Sour Cream and Onion
- A picnic in the shade
Why Natural Wine?
- Thanks to low-intervention growing and processing techniques, these wines beautifully express the landscapes in which they’re grown—so each sip conveys the taste, aroma, and spirit of some of the best places on earth
- Grapes are grown with regenerative practices that restore rather than deplete local ecosystems
- No herbicides or pesticides: On some farms, sheep graze down the weeds; on others, waterfowl handle pest control and provide fertilizer
- Native plants grow between rows to prevent erosion, draw down carbon and improve soil health
- Fermentation, aging and bottling:
- No filtration
- Minimal or no added sulfites
- No animal-based clarifying agents; our wine is vegan
- Naturally occurring, indigenous yeasts—rather than lab-grown varieties—drive fermentation
- Flavors are wild, intense, unconventional
Learn more about Natural Wine, Ciders + Sake
- Fermentable base: grapes, water
- Produced and bottled in Nelson, South Island, New Zealand
- Imported by Percy Selections, San Francisco, CA
- Distributed by Forest Ferments LLC, Ventura, CA
About the Producer
- Kindeli spans 90 acres on New Zealand’s South Island
- Certified Organic
- Vineyard is dry-farmed to protect the local water table
- Captured rainwater is used within the winery, and excess graywater drains to a restored wetland
- No synthetic fertilizers or herbicides are used, protecting the health of local wildlife
- Inter-row grasses draw down carbon and store nutrients
- Wild and domestic animals are allowed to graze the vineyard grasses, ensuring regular fertilization
- Alex Craighead, Kindeli’s founder, is the son of a soil scientist
- His grapes benefit from compost teas developed from grape pomace, straw, and foraged seaweed
- Many of his wines are aged in handmade clay vessels
- Wines are not fined or filtered
- No sulfites are added at bottling
Learn more about our wine, cider and sake partners
The Patagonia Provisions Guarantee
We stand by the foods we produce.
If you aren’t completely satisfied with any of our foods, we’re more than happy to make it right with a refund*.
How to make a return
*Wine, cider, sake are non-refundable but we are happy to replace any damaged orders.
WARNING: California’s Proposition 65
WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk and during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to https://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol