Juicy and exotic, with a hint of ocean spray, this organic hard cider begins with apples grown—and fermented—on a family farm in the rolling hills of New Zealand’s South Island.
It’s part of our collection of artisanal fermented beverages made using restorative land practices and bottled with minimal intervention.
- 750 ml bottle
- Alcohol content 7% by volume
- Product of New Zealand
- Best consumed by end of 2030
- Must be 21 or older to purchase
- Purchasers must be a resident of, and ship to one of these states: AK, CA, CT, DC, FL, LA (wine & cider only), ND, NE, NH, NM, OR, VA, WV, WY
- All sales are by Forest Ferments, LLC and subject to acceptance and approval by Forest Ferments.
- Forest Ferments has producer’s permission to sell product direct to consumer.
- Not for resale
- Pasta dishes
- Salty happy-hour snacks
- Our Mackerel Melt
Why Natural Wine?
- Thanks to low-intervention growing and processing techniques, this cider beautifully expresses the landscape in which it’s grown—so each sip conveys the taste, aroma, and spirit of a particular place on earth
- Fruit is grown with regenerative practices that restore rather than deplete local ecosystems
- No herbicides or pesticides: On some farms, sheep graze down the weeds; on others, waterfowl handle pest control and provide fertilizer
- Native plants grow between rows to prevent erosion, draw down carbon and improve soil health
- Fermentation, aging and bottling:
- No filtration
- Minimal or no added sulfites
- No animal-based clarifying agents; our wine is vegan
- Naturally occurring, indigenous yeasts—rather than lab-grown varieties—drive fermentation
- Flavors are wild, intense, unconventional
Learn more about Natural Wine, Ciders + Sake
- Fermentable base: apples, pears, plums, grapes
- Produced and bottled in Nelson, South Island, New Zealand
- Imported by Percy Selections, San Francisco, CA
- Distributed by Forest Ferments LLC, Ventura, CA
About the Producer
- Kindeli spans 90 acres on New Zealand’s South Island
- Certified Organic
- Orchard is dry-farmed to protect the local water table
- Captured rainwater is used for processing and cleaning, and excess graywater drains to a restored wetland
- No synthetic fertilizers or herbicides are used, protecting the health of local wildlife
- Inter-row grasses draw down carbon and store nutrients
- Wild and domestic animals are allowed to graze the orchard grasses, ensuring regular fertilization
The Cider Maker
- Alex Craighead, Kindeli’s founder, is the son of a soil scientist
- His apples benefit from compost teas developed from grape pomace, straw, and foraged seaweed
- Many of his wines are aged in handmade clay vessels
- No filtering is used during processing
- No sulfites are added at bottling
Learn more about Kindeli
The Patagonia Provisions Guarantee
We stand by the foods we produce.
If you aren’t completely satisfied with any of our foods, we’re more than happy to make it right with a refund*.
How to make a return
*Wine, cider, sake are non-refundable but we are happy to replace any damaged orders.
WARNING: California’s Proposition 65
WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk and during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to https://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol