Cairnspring Mill's Organic Expresso bread flour is a high protein bread flour milled from the non-commodity Expresso wheat varietal, and grown by a single grower in Washington State. The organic Expresso flour produces dark crusts and pecan colored crumbs with subtle tones of chocolate and spice, Expresso Wheat is our strongest Organic flour. It is ideal for sourdough breads, pan breads, pizza tortillas, bagels and can be used in waffles and pancakes.
- 2.2 lb (1kg) craft bag
- Processed in a facility that handles wheat
- Contains gluten
Nutrition + Ingredients
Servings Per Container 10
Total Fat 3g (4% Daily Value)
Saturated Fat 0.59g (3%)
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.01g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g
Cholesterol 0mg (0%)
Sodium 0mg (0%)
Total Carbohydrate 70g (25%)
Dietary Fiber 5g (18%)
Protein 14g (28%)
Vitamin D 0mcg (0%)
Calcium 26.4mg (2%)
Iron 2.47mg (15%)
Potassium 246mg (6%)
Vitamin B6 (20%)
organic expresso bread flour - organic hard red spring wheat
Product Details + Sourcing
- Cairnspring Mill's Organic Expresso bread flour produces a dark rustic crust and and pecan colored crumb that makes it ideal for hearth loaves and richer pan loaves. This flour has also become a favorite with tortilla and flatbread bakers and makes delicious pancakes. It has more bran and germ than most bread flours, so use a tad more water than your recipe suggests.
Cairnspring Mills was created by a community of farmers, wheat breeders, entrepreneurs and local economic development leaders who wanted to maintain Skagit Valley’s agricultural heritage, grow a regenerative grain economy and leave a legacy of clean food for current and future generations.
- Wants to keep farmers on the land and economically viable by creating a new market for local grains that lifts them out of the commodity system.
- Believes that clean food is essential to keeping their families and community healthy.
- Wants to be good stewards of the land and work with their farmers to implement regenerative farming practices that improve soil health and conserve our natural resources.
- Business is built on strong, trusting relationships. They strive to operate with integrity, transparency and inclusiveness in their relationships with farmers, employees, customers, and other partners.
Cairnspring Mills Farmers and Grain:
Cairnspring Mills works with farmers they know personally, who use regenerative farming practices to produce their high quality grains. They select flavorful single varietal wheats not previously available in the flour market.
Cairnspring Mills Process:
Their uniquely designed stone mill incorporates the natural nutrition from the wheat into our flour. It produces a more flavorful and healthy flour without any enrichments, stabilizers or conditioners.
The product information on this page was supplied to us by the producer and reflects their views and opinions, not necessarily those of Patagonia Provisions. Also, the information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration for accuracy, and Patagonia Provisions assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements.
The Patagonia Provisions Guarantee
We stand by the foods we produce.
If you aren’t completely satisfied with any of our foods, we’re more than happy to make it right with a refund*.
How to make a return
*Wine, cider, sake are non-refundable but we are happy to replace any damaged orders.