Cairnspring Mill's Organic Edison All Purpose Flour is a single varietal flour that is grown by a single grower in Washington, and stone milled in the Skagit Valley. The Organic Edison Flour is a lower protein and lower gluten flour made from hard white spring wheat. It has a mild, buttery flavor and a very lightly colored bran. It makes excellent scones, biscuits, pan breads, pancakes, cakes and cookies.
- 2.2 lb (1kg) craft bag
Nutrition + Ingredients
Servings Per Container 10
Total Fat 3g (4% Daily Value)
Saturated Fat 0.59g (3%)
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.01g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g
Cholesterol 0mg (0%)
Sodium 0mg (0%)
Total Carbohydrate 70g (25%)
Dietary Fiber 5g (18%)
Protein 10g (20%)
Vitamin D 0mcg (0%)
Calcium 26.4mg (2%)
Iron 2.47mg (15%)
Potassium 246mg (6%)
Vitamin B6 (20%)
organic edison all purpose - organic hard white spring wheat
Processed in a facility that handles wheat.
Product Details + Sourcing
- The Edison varietal was developed by a local school teacher and named after a town just down the road from the mill. It’s a lower gluten flour that is incredibly versatile, with a buttery flavor and lightly colored bran. It performs well in all your baked goods including pie crust, pancakes, pastries, and pan loaves. It is lower protein and gluten than most all purpose flours, so you may need to use a little bit less water than your recipe requires.
Cairnspring Mills was created by a community of farmers, wheat breeders, entrepreneurs and local economic development leaders who wanted to maintain Skagit Valley’s agricultural heritage, grow a regenerative grain economy and leave a legacy of clean food for current and future generations.
- Wants to keep farmers on the land and economically viable by creating a new market for local grains that lifts them out of the commodity system.
- Believes that clean food is essential to keeping their families and community healthy.
- Wants to be good stewards of the land and work with their farmers to implement regenerative farming practices that improve soil health and conserve our natural resources.
- Business is built on strong, trusting relationships. They strive to operate with integrity, transparency and inclusiveness in their relationships with farmers, employees, customers, and other partners.
Cairnspring Mills Farmers and Grain:
Cairnspring Mills works with farmers they know personally, who use regenerative farming practices to produce their high quality grains. They select flavorful single varietal wheats not previously available in the flour market.
Cairnspring Mills Process:
Their uniquely designed stone mill incorporates the natural nutrition from the wheat into our flour. It produces a more flavorful and healthy flour without any enrichments, stabilizers or conditioners.
The product information on this page was supplied to us by the producer and reflects their views and opinions, not necessarily those of Patagonia Provisions. Also, the information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration for accuracy, and Patagonia Provisions assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements.
The Patagonia Provisions Guarantee
We stand by the foods we produce.
If you aren’t completely satisfied with anything we sell, we’re more than happy to make it right with a refund.
How to make a return