Savory Grains Stuffing
A quick Provisions-style twist on a classic Thanksgiving side. Easy to make as a vegan dish, it’s great to share at any gathering or even throw together on a weeknight.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. fresh ground savory sausage (or vegan substitute)
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- ½ tsp. ground sage
- 3 pouches Patagonia Provisions Savory Grains Mushroom + KAMUT®
- ½ cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 4 cups broth (chicken or vegetable) or water
Putting It All Together
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Brown sausage, breaking up into smaller pieces with a spoon.
- Add onion, celery and sage and cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Add Savory Grains, dried cranberries (if using) and broth or water and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then cover and remove from heat.
- Let sit for 10 minutes. Uncover, fluff with a fork and serve hot.