Mushroom Parmesan Savory Grains Scones
These hearty, flavor-packed scones are a real treat for brunch, lunch, dinner or any time in between.
- 1 pouch Patagonia Provisions Savory Grains Mushroom + KAMUT®
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (or 1 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Putting It All Together
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and egg. Add Savory Grains, stir and set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Add in butter cubes until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add cheese and stir to combine.
- Add wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 2-3 times. Flatten into a disk about 1” high and 10” in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place the wedges on a baking sheet. If desired, brush tops with milk.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12-16 minutes. Serve warm.