Mushroom Parmesan Savory Grains Scones
These hearty, flavor-packed scones are a real treat for brunch, lunch, dinner or any time in between.
Skill level: easy
Make 8 LARGE SCONES
- 1 package Patagonia Provisions Savory Grains Mushroom + KAMUT®
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (or 1 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisktogether milk and egg. Add Patagonia Provisions Savory Grains, stir and set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Add in butter cubes until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add cheese and stir to combine.
- Add wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 2-3 times. Flatten into a disk about 1” high and 10” in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place the wedges on a baking sheet. If desired, brush tops with milk.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 to 16 minutes. Serve warm.