Mushroom Parmesan Savory Grains Scone
Ripe, juicy tomatoes and a squeeze of lemon take our Savory Grains to the next level in this simple, refreshing salad.
INGREDIENTS FOR 8 LARGE SCONES
- 1 package Patagonia Provisions Savory Grains Mushroom + KAMUT®
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (or 1 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a small bowl or 2 cup measuring cup, whisk together milk and egg. Add Patagonia Provisions Savory Grains with Mushroom, stir and set aside.
- In a separate medium size mixing bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Add and cut in butter until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add cheese and stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until everything is moistened and the dough comes together in a ball. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 2-3 times. Flatten into a disk about 1” high and 10” in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges. Place the wedges on a baking sheet. If desired, brush tops with milk.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 to 16 minutes at 425 F. Serve warm.