Roasted Yam Bites with Sour Cream + Onion
Chef Tracy On from Patagonia HQ played with the classic baked potato recipe to create these colorful yam disks—perfect as a side dish, appetizer or light lunch.
SKILL LEVEL: EASY
MAKES APPROXIMATELY 24 BITES
- 2 pouches Patagonia Provisions Classic Barbecue Savory Seeds
- 2 medium yams
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice yams into ½ inch rounds. Place in a large bowl and toss with coconut oil, salt and pepper until evenly coated.
- Place yams in a single layer on a lined baking sheet. Roast approx. 30 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes, until golden brown on both sides and fork-tender. Cool enough to handle.
- Garnish each round with sour cream, green onion and Savory Seeds.
- Serve immediately.