Provisions Black Bean Burger
- 1 pouch Patagonia Provisions Black Bean Soup
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds), chopped fine or pulsed in food processor
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
Putting It All Together
- Cook the Black Bean Soup with half the amount of water (1 cup) and cool. You should have a very thick bean paste.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly with cooled bean mixture.
- Divide mixture into four patties and cook on stovetop or grill.
- STOVETOP: In a hot frying pan, add 2 tbsp. oil and sear patties until crispy and heated throughout.
- ON THE GRILL: Place patties in a single layer on a lined tray or plate and freeze until firm, approx. 20-30 minutes. Preheat grill and wipe clean grates with an oiled cloth. Grill each patty approx. 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Top with avocado, sprouts, or your favorite condiments.