Spicy Black Bean Dip
A satisfying and healthy recipe to share, created by our friends at Big Delicious Planet in Chicago. Great as a dip with tortilla chips and fresh veggies, or in place of whole or refried beans in tacos or quesadillas.
Skill level: easy
- 1 package of Patagonia Provisions Black Bean Soup Mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced small
- 1/2 cup poblano pepper, diced small
- 2 tbsp jalapeño pepper, seeded, deveined and diced small
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1-12oz can whole black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Add 1 cup of boiling water to Black Bean Soup mix. Cover and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in saucepan on medium high heat. Add onion, poblanos and jalapeños. Sauté until softenedand slightly browned. Add garlic and garam masala and sauté for one more minute (do not brown). Allow onion mixture to cool slightly.
- In a food processor, combine hydrated soup mix and onion mixturewith the lime juice, ½ cup water, and salt and pepper. Puree until desired chunkiness. Add extra water if needed.
- Fold in black beans and cilantro.
- Garnish with additional cilantro.