Patagonia Black Bean Dip
A delicious and healthy recipe to share, created by our friends at Big Delicious Planet in Chicago.
- 1 5.8oz package of Black Bean Soup Mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup small diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup small diced poblano pepper
- 2 tablespoons small diced jalapeño pepper (seeded & deveined)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 12oz can whole black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Add 1 cup of boiling water to dry soup mix. Cover and allow to sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in sauce pan to medium high heat. Add the onions, poblanos & jalapeños. Sauté until softened, and slightly browned. Add garlic and Garam Masala, and sauté for one more minute (do not brown). Allow onions, peppers & garlic to cool slightly.
- In a food processor, combine hydrated soup mix and your pepper onion mixture with the lime juice, water, salt & pepper. Puree until you have reached your desired chunkiness. Add extra water if you like a thinner viscosity.
- Fold in your fresh cilantro and black beans.
- Garnish with additional cilantro and serve with fresh veggies, chips, or enjoy on tacos or in Quesadillas!