Pan Seared Salmon Sliders
A favorite recipe, created by the distinguished Patagonia Provisions Snack Patrol at Provisions HQ in Sausalito, CA.
Ingredients for Appx. 10 Appetizer Sliders
- 2 (6oz) packages Wild Sockeye Salmon, skin removed and finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs, plus 3 tbsp. for coating the sliders
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (suitable for high heat), or enough to coat pan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: Big handful fresh herbs, finely chopped
Putting it all together
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, flour, bell pepper, red onion, parsley, breadcrumbs, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Add salmon, and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Form the mixture into 10 equal portions, and flatten into a slider patty.
- Lightly coat each side of slider in extra breadcrumbs.
- Heat a large frying pan or skillet on medium high heat. Add the cooking oil to the skillet and allow it to heat.
- Add the sliders in small batches, 3-4 at a time. Cook each slider on each side for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool on paper towels.
- Garnish with freshly chopped herbs + enjoy! To spice things up, and add 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes to the mix.