Mushroom Savory Grains with Thyme, Onions, and Crispy Shrooms
Food Styling: Fanny Pan. Prop Styling: Claire Mack. Photo by Aubrie Pick
- 1 pack Organic Mushroom + KAMUT® Khorasan Wheat Savory Grains
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ yellow or white onion, finely chopped
- 4 oz. cremini or white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp. minced fresh thyme, plus a few little sprigs for topping
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Putting It All Together
- Prepare Savory Grains according to package instructions, adding about 1 tsp. oil to grains during cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan (not nonstick) over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, swirl in about 2 tbsp. oil. Add onions, mushrooms and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and let cook until sizzling.
- Turn heat down to medium, cover, and cook, stirring every now and then, until mushrooms are browned and crisp on the edges, about 10 minutes. Mix Savory Grains into pan of mushrooms and top with a few thyme springs.
- Pair with Meinklang Thyme Blanc white wine, if you like.
Love our Organic Savory Grains? Shop all of our Organic Grains Products to discover both sweet and savory flavors including Tart Apple and Creamy Banana breakfast grains.