Masa + Savory Seed Patties
Try these protein-rich vegan patties instead of traditional breakfast sausage if you like to eat lower on the food chain. They also make a great veggie burger—just triple the size of your patties and serve with toasted buns and your favorite fixin’s.
SKILL LEVEL: EASY/MEDIUM
MAKES 8 TWO-INCH PATTIES
- 2 pouches Patagonia Provisions Classic Barbecue Savory Seeds
- ¼ cup masa harina
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp dried parsley
- 3 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus an additional ¼ cup for frying
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Crush Savory Seeds lightly in the pouch with your hands.
- Transfer crushed seeds into a medium bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix well and let the mixture rest for approx. 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining ¼ cup of oil in a medium skillet. While oil is heating, make 2-inch patties with damp hands.
- Cook patties for 3-5 minutes on each side, until browned and crispy.
- Serve immediately while hot.