Try these savory green lentil falafels, created by chef Tracy On.
GREEN LENTIL SOUP
INGREDIENTS FOR 2-3 SERVINGS
- 1 package Patagonia Provisions Green Lentil Soup
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ bunch of fresh parsley, leaves picked
- ½ cup canola or vegetable oil
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Combine 1 packet of Provisions Green Lentil Soup with 1 cup of water and soak for 20 minutes.
- In small pot, heat oil on medium high heat (to 375F).
- In a food processor, pulse the fresh parsley until finely chopped. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add soaked Provisions Green Lentil Soup to the food processor, lemon juice, and cumin and pulse 5-6times until lentils have broken up.
- Add flour and baking soda and pulse until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or two spoons, form balls while dropping them gently into the hot oil. Work in batches, frying approximately 4-5 balls at a time. Cook for about 3 minutes while rotating the falafels to achieve an even deep brown on all sides.
- Remove from hot oil onto a plate lined with paper towel. Season with salt and enjoy immediately.
- Enjoyed best with pita and tzatziki or Greek yogurt.