Crunchy "Elote" (Mexican Street Corn)
Our take on traditional Mexican street corn, with the seasonings built right in to our Chipotle Lime Savory Seeds. For a fresh salad, you can also grill the corn, slice off the kernels, and just mix with the rest of the ingredients.
SKILL LEVEL: EASY
MAKES 3-6 SERVINGS
- 4 pouches Patagonia Provisions Chipotle Lime Savory Seeds
- 3 ears fresh corn, shucked and cleaned
- 10 oz. queso fresco, crumbled
- ½ bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Cut corn in half, or into desired portions. Place in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- While corn is cooking, crush Savory Seeds in a mortar and pestle (or in a bag using a rolling pin).
- In a medium bowl, mix crushed Seeds, queso fresco and cilantro.
- Drain corn once it has cooked, approx. 5-10 minutes.
- Spread mayonnaise onto each piece of corn, and roll in seed mixture until thoroughly covered.
- Serve immediately.