Chimi Crab Guacamole
Spicy and over the top, in the best possible way. If fresh crab seems like a splurge for guac, use tiny bay shrimp. Their firm texture and sweetness stand up well to the chile heat—and they’re a lot cheaper than crab.
- 3 tbsp. Organic Chimichurri Spice Blend, divided
- ½ white onion, finely diced
- ½ large jalapeño, minced
- Handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 2 large ripe avocados
- ½ lb. cooked fresh crab or bay shrimp
Putting It All Together
- Mix together 1½ tbsp. spice blend, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, salt and lime juice. Scoop avocado flesh into a medium bowl and mash everything together with a fork.
- Gently fold in crab or shrimp. Sprinkle with remaining spice blend.
- Serve with tortilla chips or in lettuce cups.