Chili Cheese Dip + Sauce
Delicious dip for tortilla chips or crudités, but there’s a zillion other ways to enjoy this recipe by Patagonia HQ Chef Tracy On. Drizzle over steamed veggies, French fries or potatoes. Or combine with 1 lb. cooked macaroni to make a heavenly Chili Mac.
Skill level: easy
MAKES APPROX. 4 CUPS
- 1 pouch Patagonia Provisions Red Bean Chili, prepared as directed
- 1 – 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. of your favorite hot sauce (or ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper and 2 tsp. vinegar)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 - 8 oz. block extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated or chopped into small pieces
- Sour cream, chopped green onion, avocado, cilantro and crumbled cotija cheese for garnish (optional)
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Prepare Red Bean Chili as directed on the pouch, and reserve.
- In a medium pot, combine evaporated milk, cornstarch, garlic and hot sauce and whisk together thoroughly.
- Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Whisk frequently to prevent scorching.
- Once the entire mixture is boiling, turn off heat and add the cheese. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Add prepared Chili and stir to combine.
- Garnish with toppings, if desired.