Chili Cheese Sauce
Delicious dip for tortilla chips or crudités, but there’s a zillion other ways to enjoy this recipe by Patagonia HQ Chef, Tracy On. Drizzle over steamed veggies, French fries or potatoes. Or combine with 1 lb cooked macaroni to make a heavenly Chili Mac.
Skill level: easy
Makes approx. 4 cups
- 1 package Patagonia Provisions Red Bean Chili, prepared as directed
- 1-12 oz can of evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 - 8 oz block extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated or chopped into small pieces
- Sour cream, chopped green onion, avocado, cilantro and crumbled cotija cheese for garnish (optional)
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- In a medium pot, combine evaporated milk, cornstarch, garlic and hot sauce and whisk together thoroughly.
- Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Whisk frequently to prevent scorching.
- Once the entire mixture is boiling, turn off the heat and add the cheese. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Add prepared Red Bean Chili and stir to combine.
- Garnish with toppings, if desired.