Chili Cheese Sauce
Perfect for chips, dips, and gatherings, a recipe by Patagonia HQ Chef, Tracy On.
INGREDIENTS FOR APPROX. 4 CUPS
- 1 package of Patagonia Provisions Red Bean Chili
- 8 ounce block extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated or chopped
- 1 12 ounce can of evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite hot sauce (or ¼ tsp cayenne pepper and 2 tsp vinegar)
- 1 Large Clove Garlic
- Optional toppings: sour cream, chopped green onion, avocado, cotija cheese
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Prepare Patagonia Chili as directed, and set aside.
- Grate or chop cheddar cheese into small pieces. It is better to grate your own cheese as opposed to purchasing shredded cheddar, as many contain anti caking additives.
- Combine evaporated milk, cornstarch, garlic and hot sauce in a medium pot and whisk together thoroughly.
- Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Whisk frequently to prevent scorching. Once the entire mixture is boiling, turn off the heat and add the cheese.
- After the cheese is completely melted, add prepared Patagonia Chili and serve warm over vegetables, French fries, tots, or tortilla chips. Or combine with 1 lb. cooked macaroni for Chili Mac! Garnish with chopped green onion and/or cilantro if desired.