Bullwhip Cheez Its
Your favorite crunchy, cheesy, salty cracker plus some deep umami heat from Bullwhip Kelp Hot Sauce.
- 2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. Barnacle Foods Bullwhip Kelp Piri Piri Hot Sauce
Putting It All Together
- Using a paddle attachment combine shredded cheese, butter, and salt in a stand up mixer.
- Add the flour and slowly mix until pea sized balls form.
- Add Bullwhip Hot Sauce while mixing. Mix until the dough forms into a ball.
- Pat the dough into a disk, wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Divide the dough into two equally sized pieces. Using a rolling pin, roll each piece into a very thin rectangle (about ⅛-inch thick).
- Cut the rectangles into 1-inch squares, and poke the center of each cracker with a chopstick.
- Transfer the crackers to a parchment lined baking sheet using a spatula.
- Bake at 375 for 15 to 17 minutes, or until puffed and golden around the edges.
- Immediately move the crackers to wire racks to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.