Breakfast Grains with Berries, Toasted Walnuts, and Fresh Raspberry Syrup
These hearty, nutty breakfast grains explode with raspberry intensity, starting with fresh raspberries and a drizzle of homemade raspberry syrup. Butter, blueberries and toasted walnuts add even more dimension to each bite.
- 1 pack Organic Creamy Banana Breakfast Grains
- About ¼ cup each blueberries and raspberries
- About ¼ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Salted butter
- Fresh Raspberry Syrup (below)
Putting It All Together
- Prepare the Breakfast Grains according to the instructions on the pack. Top with berries, nuts, butter and syrup.
MAKES ABOUT 1 CUP
Not too sweet, this syrup adds intense berry flavor to our Breakfast Grains. It’s also good on pancakes and waffles or swirled into yogurt. Keeps in the fridge for a week or so.
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp. sugar
Put raspberries in a small pot, add sugar and mash with a fork. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until the juicy mashed berries thicken up, about 10 minutes. Strain.