Baked Sweet Potatoes with Toasted Coconut and Mellow Curry Seeds
Bake the potatoes until they’re completely tender, then roughly rake the insides with a fork. This fluffs them up so they absorb the spiced seed oil deeply and evenly. Leftover oil is great on plain rice and just about any kind of lentil or cooked vegetable.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Virgin coconut oil for rubbing potatoes, plus another ¼ cup for curried seed oil
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. of your favorite crushed or ground chile
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 package Mellow Curry Organic Savory Seeds
- Cilantro leaves
Putting It All Together
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub sweet potatoes, prick skins with a fork, and rub all over with coconut oil. Set on a baking sheet and bake until a fork slides in with no resistance, 40 to 55 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Put coconut chips in a medium frying pan. Toast over medium heat, stirring until they’re evenly golden brown. Put in a small bowl.
- In a medium frying pan, heat ¼ cup coconut oil over medium heat. Add cumin seeds, chile, and salt and let sizzle for a second. Stir in seeds and let sizzle a couple seconds more. Remove from heat.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise. Rake with a fork to fluff up the insides.
- Drizzle with spiced seed oil and top with toasted coconut and cilantro.