As decadent as it is easy, this Salmon Wellington recipe is one we pull out for all favorite gatherings. Created by Tracy On, Chef and Cafe Manager at Patagonia headquarters.
INGREDIENTS FOR SALMON WELLINGTON
- 2 leeks, green removed (or 1/2 medium onion)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup packed baby greens, such as spinach, kale or chard, cleaned and chopped
- 1 (8.6 oz) sheet puff pastry, defrosted as directed on package
- 1 (6 oz) package Patagonia Provisions Wild Sockeye Salmon with Lemon Pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Quarter leeks lengthwise, slice thin and wash thoroughly.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a large skillet, add leeks, cover, and sweat until tender.
- Season with salt, pepper, and tarragon.
- Add white wine and cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Add greens and sauté until wilted.
- Remove from heat and cool vegetable mixture.
- Unfold puff pastry on a baking sheet. Brush egg along the edges of the puff pastry.
- Draw an imaginary line diagonally corner to corner across the puff pastry square. Spread the greens mixture in the triangle on one side of the imaginary line. Place salmon on top, rearranging or cutting if necessary to fit the triangle.
- Fold the puff pastry over the filling, forming a large triangle. Press the edges together lightly. Brush egg on top of puff pastry triangle. Make one small vent hole in the top with a fork.
- Place the package seam side down on a greased piece of foil onto a baking or cookie sheet.
- Brush egg on top of puff pastry package.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.