Salmon Bagel with Poached Egg
Fast food, made simply. This six-minute, delicious recipe by Carla Malloy will make you rethink your breakfast routine.
INGREDIENTS FOR ONE SANDWICH
- Bagel (everything, plain, onion...your choice)
- Organic cream cheese or creme fraiche
- One pouch Patagonia Provisions Wild Salmon
- Two eggs (one per half bagel)
- Arugula or micro greens
- Sea salt and pepper for seasoning
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Bring water to a simmer (not quite boiling) in a medium skillet. Carefully crack in two eggs and poach for about 4 minutes over medium heat. (If you don't have a poacher, just boil an egg!) While egg is poaching, slice and toast your favorite bagel. Spread with organic cream cheese or creme fraiche. Top with Provisions Smoked Salmon. Gently slip your poached egg onto a bagel half and top with micro greens, arugula or caper berries. Season with a little sea salt and pepper if you like.