Salmon Tacos with Pineapple-Tomatillo Salsa
Skill level: Easy
Makes 8 tacos
- 1 (6 oz) pouch Patagonia Provisions Lightly Smoked Wild Sockeye Salmon, drained and flaked
- 8 corn tortillas
- Chipotle Sour Cream (see recipe below)
- 1 ½ cup black beans, cooked and drained (or 1 fifteen-oz can black beans, drained)
- Fresh lime wedges and cilantro leaves for garnish
Chipotle Sour Cream
- ½ cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 tsp chipotle in adobo, minced
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and chipotle.
- 1 medium tomatillo, husk removed and washed
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced fine
- ¼ cup white onion, diced fine
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
Broil tomatillo until evenly charred, approx. 5-10 minutes. Let cool, peel off charred skin and dice. Add to a bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Putting it all together
- Warm tortillas in a pan or wrapped in foil in the oven.
- Spread 1 tbspof chipotle sour cream on each tortilla. Top with black beans, salmon and pineapple-tomatillo salsa.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime.