Wild Pink Salmon and Broccoli Penne Pasta
This simple Wild Pink Salmon and pasta recipe is quick and customizable, making it perfect for everyday dinner.
INGREDIENTS FOR 4-6 SERVINGS
- 2 (4oz) pouches Patagonia Provisions Wild Lummi Island Pink Salmon, Black Pepper, drained
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 16 oz organic penne pasta
- 1 large bunch (3 good-sized stems) organic, fresh broccoli
- 2 cups finely grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese (a microplane works best for grating)
- 2/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons best quality organic extra virgin olive oil, separated
- Additional shaved Parmesan and pitted Kalamata or other black olives for garnish
- Red pepper flakes, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Wash broccoli and slice tough ends from broccoli stems. Cut off and separate broccoli florets and peel and chop stems.
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a rapid boil; add 1 heaping tablespoon of salt and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add pasta and broccoli all at once and continue cooking uncovered until pasta is "al dente" approximately 9-12 minutes.
- Drain pasta and broccoli in a fine mesh strainer and return to warm pan along with cheese and olive oil.
- Stir and add flake in salmon, sprinkle with red pepper flakes, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, garnish with shaved Parmesan and olives and serve.