“Eat close to the source; locally produced, minimally processed, wholesome foods.”
"I run a lot and running a lot makes you really hungry, so I really love to eat. On occasion I have been known to wake in the middle of the night so hungry that chewing my own arm sounds like a reasonable thing to do. In all seriousness I consider food a critical part of my training and preparation for spending long days running in the mountains. My family and I strive to eat locally produced and minimally processed food as much as possible and by doing so we strive to take the best care of our bodies and the planet at the same time.The salmon from Patagonia Provisions is a great tasting, long lasting fuel that is ideal for long days in the mountains."
Luke’s loving the salmon with…
Late Summer Veggie Tacos
Sauté in olive oil:
- diced zucchini, tomatoes, chopped red onion, red bell pepper, and fresh corn right off the cob (all from our garden)
- add two cups of black beans
- add some garlic, a dash of cumin, pinch of salt, zest and juice of one lime
- sauté until veggies are tender
- spoon into warm corn tortillas and top with crumbled salmon, goat cheese, and cilantro
- Dig in!!