Butternut Squash Tsampa Soup
Embrace winter with a warm bowl of butternut squash soup.
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 (1 CUP) SERVINGS
- ½ of a small butternut squash, diced, skin removed (about 2 cups)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 packet Patagonia Provisions Tsampa Soup Mix
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Cut off the stem and cut the butternut squash in half.
- Scoop out the seeds (reserve seeds if you would like to toast them for garnish).
- Trim off any blemishes and cut into ¾ to 1 inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large 3-4 quart pot over medium high heat.
- Add butternut squash and sautee about 5 minutes, until squash pieces are well browned and starting to break apart.
- Add water (it will sizzle and steam).
- Bring to a boil and add the packet of Patagonia Provisions Tsampa Soup Mix.
- Simmer for 6 minutes.
- Serve in bowls, garnished with yogurt and toasted squash seeds.